Ascension Information Services (AIS) is seeking a professional skilled in the field of Imaging Informatics to lead the Imaging Informatics Team. This position is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operation of Imaging Informatics systems and equipment including, but not limited to: image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, prefetching, file system checking, fail-over management, disaster recovery, dictation and transcription systems integration, and other activities related to the end-to-end clinical and technical operation of the medical imaging chain.
The primary location for this position is St. Thomas Health in Nashville, TN however position will require travel between this facility and facility in Murfreesboro, TN
In addition to other tasks, the Team Lead - Imaging Informatics will have the primary responsibility to:
- Coordinate Imaging Informatics Analysts' work schedules and PTO
- Possess a solid working knowledge of campus-specific Imaging Informatics environments.
- Communicate with St. Thomas Health (STHe), AIS, the medical imaging vendors, and the Clinical Imaging Program (CIP) leadership with regards to Imaging Informatics issues will be a vital part of this job.
- Host monthly Imaging Informatics Analysts' meetings for issue resolution and status reporting
- Escalate service request tickets through AIS and vendor help desks
- Oversee new modality installs, application configurations, and storage consumption monitoring
- Serve as system architect for new system deployments throughout the enterprise
- Act as Project Manager for system upgrades and new system installations
- Oversee Change Control Process for hardware and application code, including patches and service packs, with the vendors and end-users
- Handle community physician relations with regards to Imaging Informatics systems
- Track and communicate requested software enhancements with the imaging vendors
- Collect, catalog, and maintain Imaging Informatics policies and procedures
Ascension Health (www.ascensionhealth.org) is transforming healthcare by providing the highest quality care to all, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Ascension Health, which provided $1.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and community benefit programs last year, is the nation’s largest Catholic and nonprofit health system. Our Mission-focused Health Ministries employ more than 122,000 associates serving in more than 1,400 locations in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Information Services (AIS) is a subsidiary of Ascension Health, a Catholic healthcare organization dedicated to the transformation of healthcare through excellent clinical care throughout the continuum and through innovation. AIS has a clear vision to be a leader in delivering efficient and effective IT services, measured by meeting industry performance metrics; demonstrating agility and flexibility to adapt to changes in customers’ needs and business models; and providing low-cost, high-value IT service attractive to potential customers outside the organization. AIS has more than 2,300 associates, supported by various third parties, focused on providing value to our stakeholders. In 2013, AIS was honored to be selected by Computerworld as No. 52 on its Best Places to Work in IT list, and by Elearning! Media Group/Aberdeen Group as No. 28 on its Learning!100 Corporate Enterprise Honoree list.
This position is with AIS; with the primary location being St. Thomas Health in Nashville, TN however position will require travel between this facility and facility in Murfreesboro, TN
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V