Our Mission, Vision, and Values provide a strong foundation and guidance for the work we do in transforming healthcare in the United States. It serves as a framework that expresses our priorities in responding to the care of those most in need.
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
We envision a strong, vibrant Catholic health ministry in the United States which will lead to the transformation of healthcare. We will ensure service that is committed to health and well-being for our communities and that responds to the needs of individuals throughout the life cycle. We will expand the role of laity, in both leadership and sponsorship, to ensure a Catholic health ministry of the future.
We share a common vision and are called to act upon the following ideas and beliefs:
- Service of the Poor — Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence — Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity — Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom — Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity — Courageous innovation
- Dedication — Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry